Terms & Conditions
When you book with ITO tours UK ltd. “the company”, these Terms and Conditions are applicable to the entire process, in other words from ‘Before booking the travel package’ through to ‘After the travel ‘.
“The company’s” Terms and Conditions are also applicable if the travel agent (booking office) organizes and offers a travel package itself, under its own name, or sells travel packages for a travel organizer which is not established in the Netherlands.“The company’s” Booking Terms and Conditions are applicable to all other forms of service provision by the travel organizer and/or the travel agent (booking office). If it is not clearly stated which terms and conditions are applicable, the “The company’s” Terms and Conditions are applicable.
The range of products offered by a travel organizer ‘online’ can change rapidly. It is therefore recommended that you make a screenshot (Print Screen) of the screen on which the offer of the travel organizer is shown, so that there can be no lack of clarity in the matter later.
The travel organizer (and/or travel agent) and traveler can agree on clauses which are supplementary to these terms and conditions. These clauses must be set down in writing or electronically and are intended to strengthen the position of the traveler. The clauses cannot have any effect on the rights which the traveler has on the grounds of the law and of these general terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between an individually agreed clause and these general terms and conditions, the provision which is most advantageous to the traveler will apply.
“The company’s” TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms are defined as follows in these Travel Terms and Conditions:
Travel organiser: the party which, in the performance of its business, offers prearranged travel packages under its own name to the public or to a group of persons.
- the other party of the travel organiser, or
- the party on whose behalf the travel package has been arranged, and who has accepted this arrangement, or
- the party to which the legal relationship with the travel organizer has been transferred, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Travel contract: the contract under which a travel organizer undertakes vis-à-vis its other party to provide a prearranged travel package offered by the travel organizer, which includes an overnight stay for a period of more than 24 hours, and at least two of the following services:
- another tourist service, not related to transport or accommodation, which forms a significant part of the travel package.
Accommodation-only contracts: travel contracts for which the traveller only reserves holiday accommodation and organizes the transport him/herself.
Booking office: the business which mediates between the traveller and the travel organizer in entering into the travel contract.
Working days: Mondays through Friday, with the exception of legally recognized public holidays.
Office hours: Mondays through Fridays from 9 AM to 5:30 PM (local), with the exception of legally recognized public holidays.
These travel terms and conditions are applicable to all travel contracts. The travel organizer can stipulate that these travel terms and conditions are also applicable to contracts relating to other travel packages, including accommodation-only contracts and shuttle journeys by coach, as long as this is stated in the publication.
BEFORE BOOKING THE TRAVEL PACKAGE
Information provided by the travel organizer
- The travel organizer will provide or ensure the provision of information, pertaining to the nationality, on passports, visas and any formalities to the traveller.
- The traveller him/herself is responsible for obtaining the necessary additional information from the relevant authorities and to ascertain in good time before departure whether or not the information previously obtained has changed.
- The traveller/ travel organizer will provide or ensure the provision of information to the traveller on the possibility to take out cancellation insurance and travel insurance.
- The travel organizer accepts no responsibility for general information in photos, folders, advertisements, websites and other information carriers, if these have been drawn up or published by third parties.
Information provided by the traveller
- Before or no later than at the time the contract is concluded, the traveller will provide the booking office or the travel organizer with all information regarding him/herself and the travellers for which he/she has made a booking which could be of importance in the conclusion or realization of the contract. This will include the numbers of his/her mobile telephones and e-mail addresses, if available.
- The traveller must provide information concerning the physical and/or mental condition of the traveller(s) (including the use of alcohol, drugs or medicines) if this physical and/or mental condition could result in discomfort, danger or risks to the traveller or to other travellers (passengers and/or crew) or the property of third parties. The passenger is aware that the coach/carrier (for example the captain of an airplane) can refuse the passenger the right to further transport if the information turns out to be incorrect or has not been provided.
- The traveller must also indicate any details which could be of importance to the proper realization of the travel package by the travel organizer in terms of the capacity or composition of the party for which he/she has made a booking.
- Termination by travel organizer due to low participation The travel organizer is entitled to terminate the contract with immediate effect if the number of bookings is lower than the required minimum number. It will state the period of notice and the required minimum number of bookings clearly in the offer. Termination must take place in writing within the period stated in the confirmation.
- Booking party
- A person who enters into an obligation in the name of or on behalf of another person (the booking party) is jointly and severally liable for all the obligations arising from the contract.
- All communication (including payment) between the traveller(s) on the one hand and the travel organization and/or the booking office on the other hand will take place exclusively through the booking party.
Published details and restrictions
If the agreed travel package is included in a publication of the travel organizer, the details contained in this form part of the contract.
Departure and arrival times
Departure and arrival times for transport components will be stated in the travel documents. These times are definitive.
- At the moment the contract is realized, a deposit must be paid of the total agreed travel sum.
- In the case of accommodation-only contracts to hotels, a deposit must be paid of the total agreed travel sum.
- If the contract is realized less than 6 weeks before the date of departure, the entire travel sum must be paid immediately, in full.
- In the case of a booking via the internet, the travel agent will structure the booking process in such a way that the traveller is informed before the acceptance that he/she is entering into a contract. The traveller is bound by this contract from the moment the booking is confirmed by the travel agent.
- A traveller who does not comply with a financial obligation to the travel organizer in good time will owe the statutory interest rate on the remaining amount owed. The traveller will also be required to reimburse any collection costs reasonably incurred by the travel organizer. These amounts will be a maximum of: 15% of travel sums up to €2,500; 10% of the subsequent €2,500 and 5% of the subsequent €5,000.
- “The company’s” is not responsible for any promises made by his/her staff and/or third parties, unless such promises are confirmed subsequently in writing.
- The published travel sum is clearly stated as per person/per group/etc. Any extra costs will be stated clearly.
- The published travel sum is based on the prices, levies and taxes that were known to the travel organizer at the time of its publication.
PERIOD AFTER BOOKING THROUGH TO REALISATION OF THE TRAVEL PACKAGE
Changes to travel sum
- The travel organizer is entitled to increase the travel sum in the context of changes to the transport costs (including fuel costs), the taxes and levies owed, up to 14 calendar days before the date of departure (in the case of accommodation-only contracts, before the date of arrival at the first booked accommodation).
- The traveller is entitled to reject an increase to the travel sum as referred to in paragraph 1. The traveller must make use of this right within three working days of receipt of notification of the increase, on penalty of forfeiture.
- The traveller him/herself is responsible for having the necessary travel documents with him/her, such as a valid passport or, where permitted, an identity card and any necessary visas.
- After the contract has been realized, the traveller can request changes to it. This is subject to the condition that the traveller pays the amended travel sum, after deduction of the amounts already paid. Furthermore, the traveller is required to pay an amendment fee per booking, and, if appropriate, communication costs, as stated in the offer.
- A change to the departure date or a reduction to the number of paying passengers will be considered a cancellation or part cancellation.
- The traveller can be substituted by another person, in good time before commencement of the travel package.
- Cancellation/changes instigated by the client. Any cancellations of or changes to the order(s) issued can only take place on working days and only at the request of the client. In the event that, at the request of the client, a cancellation takes place or changes are made to reservations already made, the costs relating to this will be charged. These can be cancellation or amendment costs charged by the service provider, and/or the costs which the travel agent is forced to incur in order to realize the cancellation or change.
Cancellation by the traveller
- Standard cancellation fee
In the event that a contract is cancelled, “the company”, can charge the traveller the following cancellation fees, in addition to any reservation costs owed:
- Partial cancellation
- If a traveller in a party cancels his/her share of a contract for a joint stay in accommodation, he/she will owe a cancellation fee.
Outside office hours
Cancellations made outside office hours are deemed to have taken place on the next working day.
In the event of a change, the travel organizer will make the traveller an alternative offer, if possible. This will be done within three calendar days of being notified of the change. The alternative offer must be at least equivalent to the original booking.
AFTER THE TRAVEL PACKAGE
- If a complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, it must be submitted in writing, giving details, to the travel organizer or the booking office within two weeks after the original date of departure if the travel.
- In the event that the traveller does not submit the complaint in good time, we will have to give the service provider enough time to investigate the matter.
- The travel organizer will issue a written response no later than one month after receipt of the complaint.
All rights of claim will lapse one month after the end of the travel package (or, if the travel package did not take place, one month after the original date of departure).
Booking conditions applicable on all our tours:
HOLIDAY CANCELLATION BY YOU – PLEASE READ AND NOTE AS A CONDITION OF BOOKING.
If you want to cancel your booking after we have confirmed it, you must do so in writing.to us. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us at our offices.
We will ask you to pay cancellation charges per person on the scale shown below. No joining instructions can be sent until final balances are received and banked.
Cancellation charges are calculated on the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling, excluding insurance premiums, amendment charges, and any additional services all of which are non-refundable.
More than 70 days – loss of deposit, Between 39 and 70 days – 75% or full deposit if greater, Less than 39 days – 100%
In the event of a cancellation of a booking secured by a low deposit, we reserve the right to collect the balance of the full deposit amount.
AMENDMENTS TO BOOKINGS- PLEASE NOTE.
Any amendments, e.g. name changes, room changes, pick up points etc that need to be made to your booking after final balances have been paid and up to 10 days before date of departure will carry a charge of £25 per change. These needs to be paid before your final journey instructions are issued. All final balances which are later than 10 days past the due date will incur a 5% late payment charge.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS LATER.
ITO Tours UK Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations” all passengers booking with ITO Tours UK Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of ITO Tours UK Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich.